The Clear Choices Campaign officially launched the afternoon of Thursday, April 9th, with a briefing on Capitol Hill. Speakers included:
- Andrew Scholnick, Senior Legislative Representative at AARP;
- Christine Riedl, Executive Director of National Accounts Product Strategy & Management at Aetna;
- Sally Greenberg, Executive Director of the National Consumers League;
- Steve Noyes, Vice President of Public Affairs at Novo Nordisk;
- Heather Ashby, Deputy Director of Advocacy at the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association; and
- Joel White, President of Clear Choices and the Council for Affordable Health Coverage.
The Campaign is comprised of 15 employer, insurer, consumer, life science and provider organizations to promote transparency in health care by changing the laws and regulations that inhibit the use of information in health care.
Congress should act quickly to implement reforms designed to make healthcare markets more competitive and consumer-friendly before soaring health costs do irreparable harm. Rest assured, we will be working to do our part. If you'd like more information on how to join the Campaign, click here.